If your business or its practices create noise that causes a nuisance, this could result in legal action.
Your local council could serve you with an abatement notice requiring you to:
- Stop or restrict operations on your site
- Take remedial measures or remove the source of the noise.
Failing to comply with an abatement notice will lead to prosecution. There are things many you can do to reduce the impact of noise:
- Only create noise during working hours
- Move the source of noise away from site boundaries
- Use soundproofing
- Erect solid panelled fencing around your site
- Use landscaping to reduce noise
Heavy machinery is not the only source of noise: loudspeakers, burglar alarms and vehicles are also covered under noise legislation.
For any advice please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org